Raised so far
About the Tasmania Walk for Epilepsy
Join us as we hit the pavements of Tasmania this October!
Whether you’re touring your local neighbourhood, heading out for a hike at Cradle Mountain, or gearing up for a cycle, every kilometre counts.
How to register
To join the fun, simply hit the ‘register’ button above. You’ll gain access to our Walkers Facebook group to share encouragement and progress, and can buy your very own Walk for Epilepsy T-shirt to show your support.
Why you should fundraise
1 in 25 Australians will develop epilepsy in their lifetime. For many people, epilepsy can bring with it unique challenges, from frequent doctor’s visits, scans and tests to stigmatisation and isolation. We’re seeking to show our support for people living with epilepsy everywhere, and to raise vital funds to support those people through every stage of their journey.
Your support can make a real difference. Thank you for all that you do!
Now -- let’s get walking!
About Epilepsy Tasmania
Epilepsy Tasmania is a not-for-profit community organisation that has been improving the quality of life of Tasmanians with epilepsy, and those around them, through education, coordination and support for over 40 years.
CEO, Wendy Groot, is Chair of the national Epilepsy Australia coalition.
Epilepsy Tasmania is committed to bringing epilepsy out of the shadows and breaking down the stigma and discrimination associated with epilepsy in Tasmania.
Its vision is to ensure all Tasmanians who have epilepsy have the same opportunities as the broader community.
Its statewide services and support include: Epilepsy Friendly Workplace training, Epilepsy Smart School training, Epilepsy Connect peer support, Open Gardens for Epilepsy fundraising and awareness.
The past 18 months have been incredibly difficult for all of us, and this is especially true for people living with epilepsy.
We ask that no matter how you walk, please follow local guidelines and advice at all time
- Jamie Tania &Brad just donated $52.20
- Erica Jeffrey just donated $78.30
- Alison Jales just donated $26.10
- Kara Nankervis just donated $20.88
- Jackie Johnson just donated $50
- Tony and Sky Muir just donated $104.40
- Patricia Maynard just donated $104.40
- Bethany Chugg just donated $26.10
- Olivia Murphy just donated $52.20
- Anonymous just donated $78.30
- Erika & Steve King just donated $52.20
- Angela Hall just donated $52.20
- Tamara Richardson just donated $104.40
- Nicole Viney just donated $104.40
- Jane Jones just donated $25
- Kellie Green and Jason Gillam just donated $26.10
- Kellie Green just donated $26.10
- Abbie Tuthill just donated $104.40
- Kelly White just donated $26.10
- Steven Kaine just donated $52.20